Thursday, July 19, 2007

MANUSCRIPT REQUESTED BY PUBLISHER!



Hey guys, after only one week from the time my agent pitched the book proposal for The Chronicles of Soone: The Rise of Lucin, a publisher has requested the whole manuscript!!

This is very exciting news and my agent said it was the fastest response to a proposal he's gotten after a pitch at the International Christian Retailers Show! I certainly hope that means good things! BETHANY HOUSE is the publisher, so pray for me that all goes well and most of all that all will go according to God's will for me in this! Three other publishers are still looking at the proposal, so only the Lord knows what will happen.

Chronicles would be one of the few Sci-fi fantasy allegories I know of in the Christian Fiction realm...many are based around knights and dragons and themes like that, but COS is very STar WArs in style...so we'll see!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS SO FAR!

James Somers said...

thanks and stay tuned for more news!

Lyn said...

Congrats! That sounds exciting! Looking forward to hearing more. Lyn from Bloggin' Outloud

Gene Curtis said...

Congratulations! But I thought Breakneck Books would have wanted 1st dibbs.

James Somers said...

Gene: Breakneck already had the book on the docket for November of 2007 and had the cover work done and everything, but had not contracted yet. In the meantime, WAyne Batson had reviewed COS1 and recommended me to his agent. I submitted COS2:Rise of Lucin and he decided to represent it at ICRS. This caused me to withdraw the book from Breakneck and Jeremy Robinson wished me well (in fact, he said if one of the big christian publishers doesn't end up publishing then he would like to still do it next year). A week out from the ICRS pitch, BETHANY HOUSE has already requested the full manuscript...so it looks good so far...but it's all up to the Lord!

Unknown said...

I will pray that Bethany House accepts it! You do have a good chance with them since they publish another successful author Karen Hancock, whose works I adore! I hope to buy and read your first book! It sounds cool! Love the whole scifi fantasy thing! Congrats!
Justin B. aka fantastyfreak